PPF: Ultimate Durability Test On Tesla Model Y
This is the ULTIMATE Durability Test for PPF Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra.
***This act was done by a professional and under the supervisions of a professional. Do NOT attempt to re-create or reenact any of the stunts you are witnessing. No Tesla's were harmed during the making of this video. The Tesla Model Y shown is a company Tesla.
What is Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra?
Paint Protection Film (PPF), also known as Clear Bra is a transparent, thin layer of thermoplastic urethane that is applied to the painted surfaces of a vehicle to protect them from various types of damage. Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra are a popular car modification because it:
- Protects against rock chips and scratches: Paint Protection Film is an excellent way to protect your vehicle's paint job from debris that can cause scratches and chips. These types of damage can be expensive to repair, but PPF can prevent them from happening in the first place.
- Resists UV damage: The sun's UV rays can fade your vehicle's paint over time. Paint Protection Film is designed to resist the effects of UV rays and prevent fading.
- Easy maintenance: Paint Protection Films is easy to clean and maintain, as it can be washed just like your vehicle's paint. It also maintains its clarity and appearance over time.
- Preserves Resale Value: Paint Protection Film can help preserve your vehicle's resale value by protecting its paint job from damage. A well-maintained paint job can make a difference in its resale value, and Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra can help ensure that your vehicle looks its best.
How long does Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra last?
The lifetime of Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra can vary depending on factors such as the quality of the film, the type of environment the vehicle is exposed to, and how well the film is maintained.
Generally, a high-quality Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra can last anywhere from five to ten years, or even longer in some cases. However, it is essential to note that the lifespan of Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra can be reduced if it is exposed to extreme environmental conditions, such as high heat, extreme cold, or harsh chemicals. Regular maintenance, such as washing and waxing, can also help prolong the lifespan of Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra.
The Texas Squeegee performed an Ultimate Durability Test to test several factors of the Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra. For this we used (3) Separate Tests: Flame, Gravel, and Chemical Testing. The product used in the video is Autobahn Performance Film's Incognito Paint Protection Film. The following is written in the words of The Texas Squeegee™:
- FLAMETHROWER TEST: I decided to use this type of test for mainly two reason: The first one is that it is really cool to me and it probably got your attention. The second and main reason, is that if it can hold up to flame in the short run, it will hold well in the sun in the long run. The Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra held its color and integrity well.
- GRAVEL TEST: To test the rock chip and gravel impact protection feature in the Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra, I decided to get on a ladder and drop a box of gravel that I bought at Home Depot. The impact resembles similar to what a vehicle might experience on the road. Although it did mark the film because it absorbed the impact, the paint seemed to stay unaffected.
- EGG CHEMICAL TEST: This one is a test that I used an egg to test it with based on the infamous prank. Did you know? Leaving egg yolk to dry on paint causes the paint to fade because of the chemical compound in the egg yolk.Now since I didn't have all day to let it dry for this video, I decided to use my flamethrower to speed dry the yolk. However, the Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra did its job in protecting the paint. Once I removed the Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra film off the car, everything underneath stayed protected.
Like what you see and would like a quote? Fill out the form below: